Ok, so its already in the market thanks to RyanZA who did a great app to ease the exploit usage for the masses. But for those of you who want to know how this works – read on.
The exploit used is rageagainstthecage – it will spawn a adb process to gain root. once it gains root you can connect to it using adb, or, like z4root, using a terminal to create a new shell process, which will automatically gain root privileges. Here is the step by step :
1. Install Terminal Emulator from the market (or use adb if you wish)
2. Download rageagainstthecage, extract, and copy rageagainstthecage-bin to your Android device
3. move rageagainstthecage-bin to /data/local/tmp or /tmp or whatever other directory you can execute from
4. do ‘chmod +x /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-bin’ and execute rageagainstthecage-bin
5. open Terminal Emulator or connect to the device using ADB – the session will open with root privileges. Install su, busybox, whatever, and reboot.